Slow-Roasted Spanish Olives With Oranges and Almonds
photo by januarybride
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 10mins
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F.
- Combine the olives and the remaining ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Transfer the mixture to a baking dish, cover with foil, and bake for about 2 hours.
- Drain the oil out (keep it to use as a bread dip!).
- Serve the olive mixture warm or at room temperature.
- They go nicely with assorted cheeses!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
So all restaurants should serve these nibblers at the beginning of a meal for two reasons, #1 because they are so good and #2 because the place would smell of heaven!!! The almonds were a little weird for me (the skins kind of poofed up but were still attached to the nut) so next time I will just add them after cooking. I also added about 8 cloves of garlic to roast with the other ingredients. WOW is this pretty and delish!
Made this over the weekend for a group I host regularly, & although it was really out of the ordinary from what I usually include on my finger food buffet, it was very enthusiastically received, or should I say devoured! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed in the FAMILY PICKS part of ZWT5]