Spaghetti and Beetroot With Goats Cheese.
- Ready In:
- 225 g fresh beetroots
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 500 g spaghetti
- 600 ml chicken stock or 600 ml vegetable stock
- 175 g goat cheese
- Boil the beetroot for 15-20 mins until tender and skins rub off easily (remember to wear gloves!).
- Grate the beetroot or process until shredded.
- Heat the oil in a pan and fry the onion and garlic until soft.
- Break the spaghetti into smaller pieces and add to the pan, frying until golden.
- Stir in the stock, bring to the boil and add the beetroot.
- Cook for ten minutes until the spaghetti is soft and the sauce is creamy. Add more stock if neccesary.
- At this point,taste and season. Sometimes I add a splash of balsamic to lift the flavour of the beetroot and a smattering of dried rosemary or thyme.
- Stir in half the goats cheese, and serve with rest on top.
- NB- I have done this with mozzerella which seemed to work for me.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Big believer in cooking from scratch, Slow Food and local versus national producers and suppliers.