Southwestern Vegetarian Taco Casserole
- Ready In:
- 1 lb vegetarian ground beef
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 (1 lb) package frozen peppers and onions
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (11 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1⁄2 cup salsa
- 4 large flour tortillas
- 8 ounces colby cheese, shredded
- sour cream (optional)
- taco sauce (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400°F
- Microwave vegi crumble for 2 minutes Add taco seasoning mix and water; mix until crumble is well coated.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in large saucepan over medium high heat. Add peppers and onions; cook 4 to 5 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and stir in garlic and onion powders, salt, pepper, corn, salsa and vegi crumble. Mix well. In a round casserole layer tortilla, cheese, and vegi mixture ending with a layer of tortilla and cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Garnish with a dollop of sour cream and a drizzle of taco sauce. Also recommended: guacamole, salsa, and diced green chiles.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I am tri-vocational. I am an adjunct professor of women and gender studies, spiritual partner, and freelance writer/editor. I love reading, writing, cooking, baking, drumming, time with friends, my wife, and our two cats. I am passionate about life. I am not sure i have any pet peeves, however, I like to surround myself with loving spirits and positive energy. What inspires me to cook is life. I am always willing to push myself out of my comfort zone and learn more about the world and ingredients through my cooking.</p>