Southwestern Vegetable Beef Soup
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
A hearty soup that is easy to make. Freezes well.
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 30mins
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 5 cups water
- 2 (15 ounce) cans Mexican-style stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (16 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (16 ounce) can dark red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) can cut green beans, drained
- 1 (1 3/4 ounce) envelope chili seasoning mix
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 2 -3 cloves garlic, minced
- salt and pepper
- hot sauce
- In a large pot, brown the ground beef; stir to crumble the ground beef; drain.
- Add in water and remaining ingredients.
- Bring to a boil; lower heat and simmer for about 2 hours, stirring occasionally (I simmer covered for the first 1 1/2 hours, then uncovered the last 30 minutes).
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION