Southwestern Cobb Salad
photo by dianegrapegrower
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup ranch dressing (your favorite brand)
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce (your favorite)
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 3 cups romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1⁄2 avocado, diced
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed thoroughly
- 1⁄2 cup jarred roasted red pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1⁄2 cup tortilla chips, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup mexican cheese, crumbled (optional)
- Preheat grill to medium.
- Combine all dressing ingredients, cover and chill.
- Brush chicken with olive oil, season with salt and pepper. Grell 4-5 minutes per side, or until cooked through. Allow to cool 5 minutes, and slice into strips across the grain.
- Toss all salad ingredients together in a large bowl, or arrange decoratively on two plates. Drizzle with 1/2 dressing, and offer the balance at the table.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
mmm, so good and easy to make! This makes a meal, just had some bread to go with it! I grilled the chicken on the stove instead and added a little Italian dressing. I didn't have the chips and didn't add the red pepper, but other than that, kept it the same. oh and I didn't add the hot sauce to the dressing and it did make alot for 2 people! I will be making this again!!