Sourdough Chocolate Cake
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
A fun way to use some of your sourdough starter.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 40mins
- 4 ounces baking chocolate
- 1⁄2 cup hot water
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups sourdough starter (active and bubbly)
- Prepare chocolate mixture by placing chocolate in a small pan and adding hot water.
- Bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Add baking soda and mix-- mixture will foam.
- Cool mixture to lukewarm.
- Meanwhile, cream together butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time and beat well after each addition.
- Add vanilla and the cooled chocolate mixture.
- Add nuts, flour, salt and sourdough starter.
- Mix well and pour batter into a greased and floured 9x13 inch baking pan.
- Let set in a warm place for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes, or until a pick comes out clean.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION