Sinful Chocolate Cake
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
- Ready In:
- 1 (18 ounce) package German chocolate cake mix (prepared according to directions in a 13 x 9 inch pan)
- 3 eggs (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1⁄3 cup oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 1⁄3 cups water (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 (32 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese (softened)
- 2 cups milk
- 1 (3 ounce) box instant chocolate pudding mix
- maraschino cherry
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts (chopped) or 1/2 cup pecans (chopped)
- Spread one can cherry pie filling over cooled prepared cake.
- Combine cream cheese with 1/2 cup of the milk, beat until creamy.
- Add rest of milk and the box of instant pudding, beat until well mixed.
- Let sit until thickened.
- Then pour over cherry pie filling.
- Garnish with maraschino cherries and chopped nuts.
- Chill 4 hours or more before serving.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Just Delicious! I made this cake and brought it to a dinner party at my (gourmet cook) cousin's house. Everyone was delighted and loved it. My cousin rated it a 5 star recipe. An interesting comment was made that it has something for everyone....chocolate cake, fruit, and pudding all in one. I did add 2 cans of cherry pie filling instead of 1. And, I used sugar free pudding and "lite" cherries. I plan to make this for our next pot luck dinner at our clubhouse.5Reply