Sour Cream Green Bean Casserole
- Ready In:
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans green beans
- 1 (6 ounce) can sliced mushrooms
- 1 (5 ounce) can water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 dash pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (8 ounce) package swiss cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 cup Durkee onions
- Cook green beans and drain well.
- Combine butter, flour, salt, pepper, onions, mushrooms, water chestnuts, and sour cream in a medium sized bowl.
- Mix lightly with green beans.
- Place mixture in lightly greased casserole. Top with grated cheese; sprinkle with Durkee onlons.
- Bake at 400 degrees or until cheese is bubbly. (Watch the onions that they don't start to get too brown; cover with a loose tent of foil if they get brown too quickly).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am the wife and mom of a very busy household. I home school two of my children during the day and drive them around to music lessons and sports practices in the evenings. Our oldest son is away at college. Our family loves to travel and we are fortunate to have traveled all over the world. Some of our favorite places include Scandinavia, The Bavarian Alps, and the British West Indies. We love the outdoors. Whether it is backpacking in the forest or scuba diving in the Caribbean, as long as we are outside, we are happy. We have two goofy dogs; a Newfoundland and a Bernese Mountain Dog pup. They are a wonderful part of our family and they always manage to make life interesting. Because of our busy lifestyle, I love to do crock pot dinners. I also love any recipe that is quick and easy. The entire family loves German food.