Sour Cream Coffee Cake
photo by vrvrvr
- Ready In:
1 10 3/4 x 7 x 1 1/2-inch coffee cake
- NUT TOPPING----------------.
- Mix all ingredients together in a small bowl; set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream butter and sugar thoroughly in a large mixing bowl.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time; add vanilla.
- Sift flour with baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Add to creamed mixture, alternating with sour cream.
- Pur half of batter into a greased 10 3/4 x 7 x 1 1/2-inch baking pan.
- Sprinkle with half of nut topping; add remaining batter and sprinkle with remaining nut topping.
- Bake 45 minutes or until cake tester or toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Can't imagine this cake being dry because mine is always very moist. It is a very good basic recipe and I have used full fat yoghurt rather than sour cream with excellent results. Also have made it in a loaf pan (our preference) and baked for approx. 1 hr. Thanks for a reliable and easily made coffee cake.