Solar Cooked Pinto Beans
photo by SunshineCooking
- Ready In:
- 4hrs 10mins
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 smoked pork chops, chopped (fully cooked)
- 5 -6 large garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 lb presoaked pinto beans
- water, to cover 1/2 inch above bean mixture
- 1 teaspoon Mexican oregano or 1 teaspoon mediterranean dried oregano, to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a solar cooking pot & place in your solar cooker.
- Solar cook until beans are fully cooked (about 4-5 hours).
- Adjust seasoning to your taste.
- Serve over rice.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
We bought a solar cooker in May 2009. It has inspired us ever since to create makeshift solar cookers. We have a channel dedicated to our solar cooking adventures. It shows solar cooking from start to finish and a few recipes. You will see how we have adapted our own recipes and other recipes we like to solar cooking and we are here to share our solar cooking experiences with you. Please check out our videos on YouTube! http://www.youtube.com/user/SunshineCooking