Soft Goat's Cheese Salad With Pecans
This recipe is from The Vegetarian Low-Carb Diet by Rose Elliott this is good for Phases 1, 2 and 3 Be sure to check the carb content on the Goat's cheese and be sure to add the carbs. The pecans taste extra good if you toast them just before serving, and add them while they're hot and sizzling.
- Ready In:
- 3 ounces mixed salad greens, of your choice
- 1 ounce chopped fresh herb (chervil and chives) (optional)
- 3 ounces goat cheese
- 1 ounce pecans, roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon diijon mustard
- 4 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 8 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pinch salt and pepper
- Cover a plate with the salad mix, scatter with herbs if using, drizzle with a little vinaigrette and dot with the goat's cheese over the top.
- Put the pecans in a grill pan and toast under a hot grill pan for 1-2 minutes until they smell delicious and are lightly browned. Watch them carefully, as they burn quickly.
- Remove the pecans from the heat as soon as they're ready and toss over the top of the salad and serve at once.