These are a long-standing family tradition at Christmas; it just wouldn't be Christmas without them! They are basically a shortbread-like cookie, rolled into balls and baked, then rolled in powdered sugar while still warm. Delicious!
- Ready In:
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour (stir to aerate before measuring)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- additional powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 400* F.
- Place flour and salt in a bowl and whisk to combine.
- In a food processor, cream sugar and butter until smooth.
- Add vanilla and flour mixture and process in pulses until well mixed into a smooth dough.
- Form into 1-inch balls and place on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 400* F for 10-12 minutes. Cookies should not get brown, so start checking on them after 8-9 minutes.
- Roll hot cookies in additional powdered sugar and cool. Dust with additional powdered sugar, if desired, while still warm.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION