Flourless Chocolate Snowball Cookies
A wonderful, chewy chocolate cookie for those who can't eat wheat or gluten... though no one would guess that they are flourless. Guaranteed you'll fall in love with them if you like chocolate as much as I do! They are also beautiful and a unique addition to a Christmas cookie tray.
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup ground almonds
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup butter, at room temperature
- 2⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 squares dark chocolate, melted and cooled (112 grams)
- 1⁄4 cup icing sugar
- Mix first four ingredients in a small bowl.
- In a separate bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in egg and vanilla.
- Stir in cooled chocolate.
- Fold in almond mixture until thoroughly combined.
- Cover and refrigerate until dough is firm; about 10 - 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Place icing sugar in a bowl. Scoop dough with a tablespoon and roll into balls. Coat with icing sugar. Place on baking sheets.
- Bake 12-14 minutes. Remove sheets from oven and leave for 2 minutes. Cookies will set up a bit firmer as they sit. Remove to a rack to cool completely.