- Ready In:
- 4 egg whites
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- blue food coloring, to tint
- soft eating licorice
- miniature M&M's chocolate candies, to decorate
- Beat whites in a small bowl with an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Gradually add sugar, 1 tblsp at a time, beating until dissolved between additions. This process will take about 10 minutes. Beat in cornflour and tint mixture with food colouring.
- Spoon the mixture into a piping bag fitted with a 1cm-fluted nozzle. Pipe 16cm-long snake shapes, 4cm-apart, on oven trays lined with baking paper.
- To decorate snakes, cut forked tongues from licorice using a small sharp knife and lightly press into front of meringue heads. Lightly press M&M's on top of heads for eyes.
- Cook in a very slow oven (120C) for about 40 minutes, swapping trays halfway through cooking, or until firm to touch.
- Cool trays in oven with door slightly ajar.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation