Smoked Chicken in the Crock Pot
Hearty and healthy
- Ready In:
- 7hrs 10mins
- 4 chicken breast halves
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1 tablespoon fresh ground black pepper
- salt and red pepper, to taste
- 1 medium onion
- 1 (6 ounce) bottle liquid smoke
- Thaw chicken, if frozen. Rub breasts with allspice, pepper, and salt and place in fridge for several hours or overnight.
- In the morning, spray crock pot bowl with non-stick spray. Slice onion into rings and place in bottom of crock pot.
- Lay chicken breasts on top of rings, and pour liquid smoke over. Cook on low for 7-8 hours.
- Pour off liquid (can save for gravy, etc), scoop out onions (if desired), and "pull" or shred chicken with two forks (if desired). Tasty with a spicy BBQ sauce and buns!
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION