Slow-Cooker Veggie Chili
- Ready In:
- 8hrs 25mins
- 2 large carrots, diced (1 cup)
- 2 celery ribs, diced (1/2 cup)
- 1 medium sweet onion, diced
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 2 (8 ounce) packages sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 large zucchini, chopped (1 1/2 cups)
- 1 yellow squash, chopped (1 cup)
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon seasoned pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 3 cups tomato juice
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes, undrained
- 4 (15 ounce) cans pinto beans, black beans, great Northern beans or (15 ounce) cans kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup frozen whole kernel corn
- Sauté first 3 ingredients in a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat 10 minutes or until onions are translucent. Add mushrooms, zucchini, and squash; sauté 3 more minutes. Add chili powder and next 2 ingredients, and sauté 5 more minutes.
- Stir together tomato sauce and tomato juice in a 6-qt. slow cooker until smooth. Stir in diced tomatoes, next 2 ingredients, and carrot mixture. Cover and cook on LOW 8 hours.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I love to cook, but hate to measure ... so I pretty much guess at everything :) </p> 114807933"