Slow Cooker Steak Fajitas
- Ready In:
- 7hrs 30mins
- 1 lb beef flank steak, trimmed of all visible fat, cut into approximately 24 strips
- 1 (1 1/3 ounce) packet fajita seasoning mix
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 jalapenos, seeded and chopped
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro
- 2 (1 lb) bags frozen mixed peppers (green, yellow and red peppers and onions)
- 6 tortillas
- 1⁄2 cup Mexican blend cheese (or your favorite cheese)
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- Stir together steak, fajita seasoning, garlic, jalapenos and cilantro in a slow cooker.
- Cook on low setting for 6-7 hours or high setting 3-4 hours, until meat is no longer pink.
- Stir in vegetables and cook an additional 15-30 minutes.
- To serve, put meat and vegetable mixture on warm tortillas.
- Top each with cheese, sour cream and salsa.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This was good, but did not have a lot of flavor. I also expected the meat to be very tender, which it wasn't. I think it would have helped to add fresh vegetables, rather than frozen, at the beginning. The water would have helped to keep the meat tender and would have infused the meat with more flavor from the vegetables.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Me and my boyfriend have been together for 11 years now. We live on 40 acres and have 6 dogs and 4 Tennessee Walkers. We both work a lot of hours so there is never enough time in a day to get everything done. I absolutely love the outdoors. I also enjoy lifting weights, reading and playing with all of my beautiful animals. I absolutely love, love and love to cook. I like to cook a variety of things and also like love to bake. I like to just get in the kitchen and experiment with different things. If something does not turn out for me such as pie crust or gravy I will keep trying until I can make it work. Only problem is, when I finally make it work it may not work again the time after that. It is fun though and I do consider myself a pretty good cook for the most part. I also love slow cooker recipes. Those are my most favorite in the winter months.