photo by Food.com
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 15mins
- Heat the basil oil in a sautee pan over medium heat and sautee the shallots until they have softened.
- Lightly coat the insert of crock pot with some extra basil olive oil. Add the sauteed shallots and basil oil to the slow cooker insert.
- Add the rice and coat it with the mixture.
- Stir in the wine and chicken broth.
- Add the salt. Cover and cook on high for about 2 hours or until all the liquid is absorbed. Just before serving, stir in the cheese.
- Have extra grated cheese to put on top of each serving. If I was going to add shrimp, chicken,.
- corn, salmon, etc., I would add it after the cheese had been stirred in, allowing just enough time.
- to warm up the item but not to overcook it.
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hungry for good food AND great conversation? Food.com boasts a smorgasbord of over 500,000 recipes and a community-inspired activity feed that allows our users to add reviews, tweaks, questions and photos to their favorite recipes. Grab a plate and join the fun!