Slow Cooker Pernil Pork
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This is from allrecipes.com. I haven't tried it yet.
- Ready In:
- 7hrs 15mins
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 large onion, quartered
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons dried ancho chile powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 (3 lb) boneless pork loin roast
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- Place the garlic, onion, oregano, cumin, chile pepper, salt, and pepper into a blender. Pour in the olive oil and vinegar. Puree until smooth. Spread this mixture all over the pork loin, and place into a slow cooker.
- Cook on low until the pork is fork tender, 6 to 8 hours. (If you need to speed it up, you can substitute 1 hour at high for two of the hours on low. Do this at the beginning, though, not the end.)
- When ready, cut the pork into chunks, or shred; garnish with lime wedges to serve.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Wow! This was GREAT! 5 stars is not enough! I used the leftovers to make soft tacos. I sliced and cubed the leftover pork roast into 1 inch pieces. I sauteed very thinly sliced onions and 2 cloves of minced garlic, then added the leftover pork roast. I added some of the liquid the roast cooked in, and simmered until the pork was falling apart. I topped the mixture with homemade pico de gallo and shredded cheese in warmed corn tortillas and served with pinto beans. Delicious!!! Thanks for sharing the recipe!1Reply