Curly Noodle Chicken Soup
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 celery ribs, sliced
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 (14 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 6 ounces uncooked tri-color spiral pasta
- In a large saucepan or Dutch oven, saute the chicken, onion, celery, carrots and garlic in butter and oil for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the flour, basil, oregano and pepper until blended.
- Gradually add broth and tomatoes.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 hour.
- Return to a boil; stir in the pasta.
- Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered for 12-15 minutes or until pasta is tender.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I love food! I collect cookbooks and recipes and read them the way most people read novels. I have no children but I have two cats who also love to eat. I am also a movie buff and one of my biggest pet peeves is when people talk during a movie!