Slimming World - Chicken Pappardelle - All in One
photo by FaithFluro
- Ready In:
- low-fat cooking spray
- 1 red onion, Peeled, Halved and Thinly Sliced
- 1 carrot, Peeled and Finely Diced
- 2 celery ribs, Finely Diced
- 2 garlic cloves, Peeled and Crushed
- 4 skinless chicken breasts, Cut Into 2cm Pieces
- 100 ml chicken stock
- 400 g plum tomatoes, Roughly Chopped
- 4 tablespoons fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 350 g pappardelle pasta
- 150 g rocket, Roughly Chopped
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- salad leaves (optional)
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar (optional)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (optional)
- 160 g parmesan cheese (optional)
- Spray a saucepan with low calorie cooking spray. Add the onion, carrot, celery, and garlic and stir-fry gently for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the chicken and stir-fry over a medium-high heat until lightly coloured. Reduce the heat slightly and stir in the stock and tomatoes.
- Cover the saucepan and cook, stirring occasionally, for 8-10 minutes or until the tomatoes have become very soft and the chicken is cooked through. Stir in the parsley.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to the packet instructions until tender al dente (tender but still retaining a bite). Drain well and transfer to a serving bowl.
- Stir the rocket into the sauce and season to taste.
- Spoon the sauce over the pasta and toss gently to combine thoroughly and serve immediately.
- (Optional) Toss a salad with Olive Oil and Balsamic Vinegar and sprinkle Parmasan Cheese over the top!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!