Skillet Chicken With Roasted Carrots
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This is an amazingly delicious maco friendly dish.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, 6 oz
- 3⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 1 cup baby carrots
- 5 small red potatoes, halved
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced and seeds removed
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole milk, divided
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 3⁄4 cup unsalted chicken stock
- 1⁄3 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Place a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil; swirl to coat.
- Sprinkle chicken with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- Add chicken to pan; cook 5 minutes or until golden brown.
- Turn and cook 2 minutes. Remove chicken from pan.
- Place carrots and potatoes, cut side down, in pan; sprinkle with thyme.
- Place pan in oven; bake at 425°F for 20 minutes.
- Return chicken to pan; top with lemon slices.
- Bake at 425°F for 12 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven. Place chicken and vegetables on a plate.
- Combine 1/2 cup milk, flour and lemon zest in a bowl.
- Return pan to medium-high heat (do not wipe out pan).
- Add flour mixture, remaining 1 cup milk and chicken stock to pan, scraping pan to loosen browned bits; cook 3 minutes.
- Stir in remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- Add chicken and vegetables to pan.
- Sprinkle with parsley.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION