Sizzling Flank Steak Middle Eastern Style
- Ready In:
- 8hrs 15mins
- 1 medium onion, grated
- 5 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (about 2 medium lemons)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons gingerroot, grated
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons dry sherry (optional)
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 lbs flank steaks, visible fat removed
- fresh cilantro stem
- Mix all marinade ingredients in a shallow baking dish.
- Add the meat, turning once to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight, turning the meat occasionally.
- Remove the meat from the marinade, reserving the marinade.
- Grill meat to desired doneness, about 5 minutes per side for medium.
- Transfer the meat to a platter and let stand about 5 minuted to stabilize juices.
- Meanwhile, strain marinade into a small saucepan and dicard the solids.
- Bring the marinade to a boil over high heat, 3-5 minutes.
- Cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Cut meat on the diagonal into thin slices and pour marinade over the meat. Garnish with cilantro sprigs.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I've collected recipes since I was a teen. After all these years I'm trying to get all my index cards and clippings, that still sound interesting to me, posted here so that I can find them and eventually make them! <br /> <br />I've posted some of my Mom's recipes. I regret not having paid more attention to my Grandmothers' cooking. They made some dishes that I miss and there were/are no recipes for them. <br /> <br />I have a wonderful DH and 2 wonderful sons. They are thrilled that I found this site since they directly benefit from it! Before finding 'Zaar, I was less of a cook and more of a recipe collector but now I try many more things and we're having more fun in the kitchen (at least I am)! <br /> <br />Thanks for all your ratings, comments and help in the forums AND for posting so many great recipes. You've enhanced my cooking skills and expanded my horizons! I've learned so much. <br /> <br />For fun, I also like to read fiction, travel, see movies and shows, shop (and I love to browse thrift shops and rummage/garage sales for cookbooks, etc.). <br /> <br />The discovery of a new dish does more for the happiness of mankind than the discovery of a new star Brillat-Savarin</p>