This is a recipe is one of my favorites. It's kind of a sour soup, but not so much soup as you with a compliment with the rice. You can use pork, shrimp, fish, or chicken. The sinigang packets and fish sauce you can find in an asian market.
- Ready In:
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 9 cups water
- 1 large onion
- 2 roma tomatoes (or one large one)
- 1 tablespoon patis (fish sauce )
- 5 small bok choy or 2 cups Baby Spinach
- 2 lbs meat
- 1 packet soup, 1 . 4oz (sinigang large packet)
- 2 garlic cloves (mashed )
- Heat Oil, add garlic & onion. Lightly brown.
- Add tomatoes.
- Add patis, (fish sauce).
- Add meat until brown.
- Add water
- Bring to rolling boil (if using seafood add now & cook for 20 minutes).
- Reduce to medium low.
- Cook meat for 40 mins
- Add Sinigang packet.
- Add spinach / bok choy and simmer for another 5 minutes ( it won't take long only until wilted)
- Serve with steamed rice, & extra patis. Enjoy!