Singapore Chicken Fried Rice
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
The Chopped Cookbook (2014)
- Ready In:
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 piece fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch scallion, chopped (white and green parts kept separate)
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 3 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tablespoons asian fish sauce
- Chop chicken into 3/4 inch pieces.
- Toss chicken in a bowl with soy sauce, then coat thoroughly with the cornstarch.
- Heat a wok or large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until very hot.
- Pour in 1 tablespoon oil.
- Add eggs and sirl to spread evenly and form a thin omlet.
- Cook until set, about 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat, fold in half and cut into strips.
- Add 2 tablespoons of oil to the wok and add the chicken, garlic, ginger, scallion whites and curry powder. Stir-fry chicken until browned on all sides.
- Add the rice and cook, stirring often, until hot.
- Add the tomatoes, fish sauce, and scallion greens and continue to cook until the tomatoes start to break down.
- Stir in egg, season with salt and serve.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION