Singapore Black Pepper Crab
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Homegrown recipe from some chef in a magazine.
- Ready In:
- 1 kg fresh crab
- 5 tablespoons oil
- 4 shallots, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 red fresh chili pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons dark soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 200 ml water
- 2 -3 sprigs fresh coriander (garnish)
- Clean the crab and cut into pieces. Lightly crack shells to allow sauce to be absorbed.
- Heat oil in a large pan over high heat. Add in crab pieces and fry for 3 minutes Remove crab, set aside and drain off excess oil.
- Heat the pan again and fry shallots, garlic and red chilli until fragrant, then add butter and ground black pepper.
- Stir in the crab, soy sauce, oyster sauce, sugar and water. Simmer for 10 minutes on medium heat, until the crab is fully cooked.
- Serve with sauce drizzled over.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION