Simply Perfect Pancakes
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Malt, rather than sugar, is what sweetens most food-service (i.e., restaurant/hotel) pancake mixes. For that typical "diner" taste, try malt in your pancakes instead of sugar. From King Arthur flour.
- Ready In:
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 3 tablespoons melted butter or 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups king arthur unbleached all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons sugar or 1/4 cup instant malted milk powder
- Beat the eggs and milk until light and foamy, about 3 minutes at high speed of a stand or hand mixer. Stir in the butter or vegetable oil.
- Whisk the dry ingredients together to evenly distribute the salt, baking powder and sweetener.
- Gently and quickly mix into the egg and milk mixture. Let the batter rest for at least 15 minutes, while the griddle is heating; it"ll thicken slightly.
- Heat a heavy frying pan over medium heat, or set an electric griddle to 350°F Lightly grease frying pan or griddle. The pan or griddle is ready if a drop of water will skitter across the surface, evaporating immediately.
- Drop 1/3 cupfuls of batter onto the lightly greased griddle. Bake on one side until bubbles begin to form and break, then turn the pancakes and cook the other side till brown. Turn over only once. Serve immediately.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION