Simple Southwestern Mashed Potato Cornfetti Casserole #SP5
photo by Vseward Chef-V
- Ready In:
- 1 (24 ounce) simply potato sour cream and chive mashed potatoes
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can whole kernel Mexican-style corn, with poblano and red peppers, drained
- 1 (14 3/4 ounce) can cream-style corn
- 3⁄4 cup salted butter, divided
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) cornbread-muffin mix
- Preheat oven 350°.
- Peel the corner of the Sour Cream & Chive Mashed Potatoes package to vent. Place the container in the microwave and heat on HIGH for 3 minutes.
- Completely remove film and stir.
- Return the package, uncovered, to the microwave on HIGH for 1 additional minute.
- Meanwhile, in a mixing bowl, combine drained southwest corn, cream corn, muffin mix and 4 oz melted butter. Stir to combine ingredients.
- Pour corn mixture into an ungreased 9"x9" rectangular casserole dish. Carefully spread mash potatoes on top of corn mixture (keeping the layer of potatoes on top).
- Place in preheated oven uncovered and bake 55 min or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven, slice remaining butter and evenly distribute on top of casserole. Let stand 10-15 minutes before serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I don't think there's anything better than spending time with family and friends and enjoying delicious food together. I just love food. I love reading about food, writing about food, cooking food and.. not surprisingly, eating food. My latest passion is food-photography! I'm still learning a lot, but I'm trying to post photos with all my recipes and reviews. I read recipe books, magazines and food blogs like novels. I get such satisfaction when someone enjoys a meal or dessert that I have prepared. It is the biggest compliment to me when my family and friends rave about my cooking. There are so many terrific recipes on this site. If I'm looking for something, I'm sure to find it here. I do have stacks of my own favorite recipes which I am slowly but surely getting in my cookbooks here . I have had so many awesome reviews and fabulous photos taken of my recipes... I try to thank everyone personally .. I sincerely appreciate each and every review and or comment left. I know it takes time to photograph and upload photos - So I want to say thank you from the bottom of my heart for finding and trying my recipes and taking the extra effort...