Simple Scallops Wrapped in Bacon
photo by Stars-n-Atoms
- Ready In:
- 12 -24 scallops (1-inch-1.5-inch in diameter)
- 6 -12 bacon, strips (split in half)
- 1⁄4 cup tamari soy sauce
- mccormick's McCormick's Montreal Brand steak seasoning
- wasabi powder
- toothpick (wooden, not minted or waxed)
- Defrost Scallops in fridge.
- once defrosted, rinse scallops well under cool water. Then sit out each scallop on paper towels to absorb excess water. Turn each scallop over so each side is dried off.
- Next, Take one slice of bacon that is halved and one scallop and wrap around the circumfrence of the scallop. Secure with one tooth pick. Continue until each scallop has been wrapped. Place scallops on broiler pan with enough room between each one so they do not bump into each other.
- Set Oven on Broil with oven rack placed on top of oven in broiling position.
- Next with a basting brush paint Tamari sauce on top of each scallop, once over each is enough. Then sprinkle the tops of each scallop evenly and lightly with McCormick's Montreal steak seasoning, Wasabi powder, salt and pepper.
- Place broiler pan in oven on top rack for 4 minutes.
- Then pull out broiler pan, Using tongs, turn each scallop over and contiune to cook another 4 minutes.
- Serve while still hot.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Not much for spending time in the kitchen. But if I do need to make something, I love making creative and diverse foods.