Simple Moroccan Chicken
photo by Chef floWer
- Ready In:
- 500 g chicken fillets, cut into 2 cm dice
- 3 tablespoons flour
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 onions, sliced
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 teaspoons sumaq
- 1⁄4 cup sultana
- 250 ml chicken stock
- 50 g pine nuts
- 1⁄4 cup fresh coriander, chopped
- 1 lemon, juice of
- Season flour with salt and pepper and toss chicken.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in skillet over high heat until hot then cook chicken in batches until golden, set aside.
- Heat remaining oil in pan and add onions, reduce heat to medium and cook for 10 minutes, stirring, until golden and softened.
- Return chicken to pan with spices, sultanas and stock.
- Reduce heat to low and cook for 5 minutes until heated through and thickened slightly.
- Stir in pine nuts, coriander and lemon juice.
- Serve with lemon wedges on side.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Fabulous. Loved it. Easy and a nice variation on our normal home menu. I served with cous cous, yogert and Lebanese bread brush with oil covered in herbs and baked for 10 mins. The only thing that I will do slightly differently next time is I'll use 1 onion instead of 2... because... well... you know... onions make me... um... :)
Simple to prepare, yet quite complex (and delicious) in taste. I prepared this just as the recipe stated except for leaving out the fresh coriander as my husband can't abide the stuff, and served with rice. The spices and other flavorings complement each other perfectly, nothing is overpowering. Moroccan comfort food! Thanks for posting.