Simple Cinnamon Scones
- Ready In:
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (plus an additional 1 tsp for optional cinnamon-sugar topping)
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar (for optional cinnamon-sugar topping)
- 1 cup skim milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened (plus additional for greasing and optional topping)
- Pre-heat oven to 425.
- Combine flour, powdered sugar, baking powder, salt, and 1 tsp cinnamon in a large bowl.
- Pour milk into mixture, and stir together with a fork.
- Add softened butter, and knead the butter gently into the dough with your hands until dough is soft (add more flour if it’s too sticky).
- Place dough on a floured surface, and flatten until it is a 1 1/2-inch disk. Use a glass to cut out rounds, and place them on a greased baking sheet. If you want, you can soften a bit more butter, brush it over the rounds, and sprinkle with a mixture of 1 tsp cinnamon and 1 tsp sugar.
- Bake for about 10 minutes, until lightly golden. Serve with anything, especially blueberry jam.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!