Shrimp Salad With Rice
- Ready In:
- 1 cup shrimp, cleaned and cooked
- 3 cups rice, cooked
- 1⁄4 cup celery, diced
- 1⁄4 cup pimento stuffed olive, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup pimentos, chopped
- 1⁄4 onion, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3 cups iceberg lettuce
- 2 tomatoes, cut into wedges
- French dressing
- Split each shrimp lengthwise.
- In a large bowl, combine shrimp, rice, celery, olives, green pepper, pimento and onion.
- Cover the mixture and chill for at least 30 minutes.
- Just before serving, stir together salt, pepper, and mayonnaise and toss with the shrimp mixture.
- Spoon the mixture on top of the lettuce
- Garnish with the tomato wedges and any leftover shrimp.
- Serve with the French dressing.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I live in Kansas with my hubby and our two beautiful babies. The one thing I told my husband when we got together was he could not be a picky eater and he has to do the dishes!! :) I figured I should change this because it said I work at home and I recently got a job at a fabulous salon/spa. I am skin care specialist (Esthetician) there, and I love it. My hours are flexible so I still get to spend plenty of time with my kiddo's and of course on recipezaar every chance I get! I grew up with a mother that doesn't like to cook so I basically learned how to cook on my own when I was out of the house :) I didn't know I would like to do it so much! Oh, and "Red Chef Mama" is because I have all red in my kitchen (towels, plates, untensils, you name it) and of course I'm a mom! :) <img src="http://www.satsleuth.com/cooking/Swap14.JPG"> <img src="http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c105/jewelies/Hebe-1.jpg"> <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/adoptedspring08.jpg">