Shepherd's Salad (Turkey)
- Ready In:
- 1 large ripe tomatoes (or two small tomatoes)
- 1 medium cucumber
- 1 medium green bell pepper
- 1⁄2 small red onion
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup black olives, brine-cured
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar (to taste)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 ounces feta cheese, drained and crumbled
- Core and seed the tomatoes and cut into 1/4 inch dice. Peel and seed the cucumber and cut into 1/4 inch dice. Stem and seed the pepper and cut into 1/4 inch dice. Cut the onion into 1/4 inch dice.
- Combine the tomatoes, cucumber, bell pepper, onion, parsley (if using) and most of the olives in a serving bowl. Add the oil, 1 tablespoon vinegar and salt and pepper and toss gently but thoroughly to mix. Correct the seasoning, adding salt and pepper or vinegar as necessary; the salad should be highly seasoned.
- Sprinkle the crumbled feta cheese over the salad, decorate with the remaining olives and serve immediatley.
Join The Conversation