Shakamak Yeast Rolls
This recipe was given to me by the head cook at Shakamak High School. It is easy to make and they taste great.<><
- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
- 1 quart warm water
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup cooking oil
- 6 tablespoons yeast
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 11 1⁄2 cups flour
- Mix water, yeast, sugar and oil together.
- Add flour and salt a little at a time until you can handle the dough.
- Place in a greased bowl and let rise. (about 20 minutes).
- Punch down then let rise again (about 10 minutes).
- Pinch off dough balls or use a 18/8 scoop.
- Fold ends under to form a smooth top.
- Place on a greased pan close together. Let rise about 20 minutes.
- Bake at 375* for 20 minutes.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation