Seven Layer Salad
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Growing up in Amish country with alot of Amish relatives, I've aquired alot of good recipes. This is a salad that I really enjoyed as a kid and apprectiate to this day....Enjoy
- Ready In:
- 1 head iceberg lettuce
- 2 cups peas, frozen, Do not use canned
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, minced
- 1 lb bacon, fried and chopped
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, grated
- Chop the lettuce into 1 inch pieces.
- In a 2 quart serving bowl layer in this order: Lettuce, peas, onion, eggs, celery, and 3/4 of the bacon.
- Then mix the mayo and sugar together and spread over the top evenly.
- At this point refrigerate for 12 hours.
- After the 12 hours sprinkle the cheese on the top followed by the remaining bacon.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION