Seven Layer Casserole
I adoped this recipes from Recipezaar. However, I remember my mother making this same recipe for us when we were kids. It's not a "gourmet" recipe, but it's simple and good - great for a quick weekday meal!
- Ready In:
- 1hr 45mins
- 1 cup white rice (uncooked)
- 1⁄2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup corn (canned or frozen)
- 1 lb ground beef, browned
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 can tomato soup, mixed with
- 1 3⁄4 cups water
- 2 -4 slices bacon (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease casserole dish.
- Place all ingredients in casserole dish, one at a time, in the order they are listed in.
- (Seven layers, starting with rice and ending with bacon.) Bake, covered, for 1 hour.
- Uncover and bake 30 minutes longer.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
Join The Conversation
I thought this was very good, very easy... and it wasn't too bad-looking! The rice stays on the bottom so the finished casserole looks layered. I made a half the recipe but cooked it for the same amount of time, and it got a little too dry. I think next time I'd like to increase the flavor by using more than half the can of tomato soup, but same amount of water.
Tonight was the first time trying this recipe. It was super easy when it came to prep when I browned the ground beef I threw the onion in and cut up the bacon and cooked it all together. I used wheat rice instead of white. As a final touch I added cheese on the top after it was done cooking and let it sit in the hot oven until the cheese melted. My Husband LOVED it he had 3 servings of it (he never does that) Will make this dish again in the future.