Sesame-Cheddar Mini Muffins
- Ready In:
18 mini muffins
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 small sweet onion, finely diced
- 1 1⁄2 cups baking mix
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a small skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and saute 2 minutes or until tender; set aside.
- Combine baking mix and half of cheese in a large bowl; make a well in center of mixture.
- Stir together onion, egg, and milk, blending well.
- Add to cheese mixture, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Spoon into lightly greased miniature muffin pans, filling two-thirds full.
- Sprinkle evenly with remaining cheese and sesame seeds; drizzle with 2 tablespoons melted butter.
- Bake at 400 deg F for 12 to 14 minutes or until golden.
- Makes ~ 1 1/2 dozen mini muffins.
- Serving: 3 mini-muffins each.
Join The Conversation
Wow FN. I loved these little gems. They are incredible. What's not to love, cheese and sweet onions together, two treats in one. So quick and easy to make. Loved loved the addition of the sesame seeds. They were the perfect accompliment to our meal. Thank you so much for sharing your lovely recipe. :)