photo by Brenda.
- Ready In:
- Snap off tough ends of Asparagus. Remove scales if desired.
- Cover & cook Asparagus in a small amount of boiling water for 2 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Drain & rinse with cold water (I throw some ice cubes on top of them to stop the cooking).
- Combine Vinegar, Sesame Oil, & Sesame Seeds in large Zip-Lock bag.
- Add Asparagus.
- Chill 2 hours, turining occasionally.
- I double the recipe with 1 lb of Asparagus. Sometimes I cut back on the Red Wine Vinegar if I cooked the Asparagus too long.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Add me to this recipe's list of admirers. I steamed the asparagus until tender crisp then cooled as directed and patted dry. I probably marinated closer to 3 hours and then transferred to a serving dish for later. Really flavorful and pretty. My DS love asparagus and this is another way to enjoy it. Thanks for sharing. *Made for PAC Spring 2010*
Yummy! Quick and Healthy Recipe. Without heaps of ingredients and on the table in not time (if you skip the chill part). I made this recipe first and left in standing in room temperature for about 30 minutes, until I prepared the rest of the dinner. It seem to work well and the dressing was not overpowering but subtle. The whole family enjoyed this recipe the asparagus was very crisp. Served with Recipe #184153, Recipe #396253 & Recipe #402056 - Thank you Sashacrab for posting your recipe.