Marmie's Bacon, Garlic Asparagus
- Ready In:
- 2 slices bacon, thick cut
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped finely
- 24 asparagus spears
- kosher salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- Fry bacon medium crisp in frying pan on med heat.
- Remove bacon, chop coarsley and set aside - reserving bacon fat in pan.
- Place 2 crushed cloves of garlic in pan and fry untill tender but not browned.
Meanwhile - To prepare asparagus for cooking:
- Hold bottom end of asparagus in right finger tips, the other hand will hold asparagus in about the middle and bend to 'snap' off ends where they naturally break to get rid of the tough ends. Discard ends.
- With a potatoe peeler and gently peel tough outer layer away from cleaned asparagus.
- Place in frying pan with the partly cooked garlic and cook untill tender crisp - about 5 minutes. Watch that the garlic does not burn, what you are looking for is a gentle crispy golden color.
- Sprinkle asparagus with chopped bacon and parmesan salt and pepper -topping with the crispy garlic from the pan. - serve immediately.
Join The Conversation
Just delicious! Asparagus is wonderful to me anyway you cook it, but this recipe is sensational. The bacon (need I say more) added so much, and the crispy garlic was perfect. I minced my garlic, and wished I'd sliced it instead....think it would have looked better in the dish. This is a wonderful recipe.....thanks for sharing! Made for PAC 2011.