Seasoned Green Beans
photo by loof751
- Ready In:
- 2 -15 ounces French style green beans or 2 -15 ounces regular cut green beans
- 1 small onion, cut in slivers
- 1 plum tomato, diced or
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes with juice
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 garlic cloves, smashed or 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Pam cooking spray or mazola cooking spray
- Use a Teflon coated 8” frying pan. Spray cooking spray in the pan and put on medium heat on stove.
- While pan heats up, cut up the raw bacon in ½” pieces and put it in the pan.
- Turn the bacon in the pan or stir until its crispy. Lower heat if the pans starts to smoke or it appears that the bacon is cooking too fast and burns. Do not drain fat.
- Add onions and fresh garlic and stir until they appear translucent (transparente). This should only take about 2-3 minutes. Do not let garlic burn it will taste AWFUL! If you use garlic powder add it together with the tomatoes.
- Add the tomatoes and stir altogether until all is heated.
- Add green beans from both cans with liquid from one can only. Stir altogether.
- When it starts to bubble or heat up, cover pan and turn heat to low to simmer for about 10 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Married for 26 years. Mother of 2 boys and 2 girls. Grandmother of 2 girls, 1 boy and another on the way for Thanksgiving, 2007. Former accountant now a 3rd grade bilingual teacher. Love to cook for the family and husband...they also love to eat everyting!