Seared Salmon With Spinach and Creamy Roasted Poblanos
- Ready In:
- Roast the poblanos over and open flame or 4 inches below the broiler, turning regularly until blistered and blackened all over. About 5 minutes on open flame or 10 minutes in broiler. Place in a bowl, cover with a towel and let cool until handleable.
- Place the spinach in a microwavable bowl, cover it with plastic wrap, poke a few holes in the top and microwave on high until wilted, about 2 minutes. Set aside.
- Turn the oven on to its lowest setting. Heat the oil in a large skillet (preferable nonstick) over medium heat.
- Add garlic and cook til soft and lightly brown.
- Put garlic in blender.
- Rub the skin off the chiles and pull out the stem and seed pods. Rough chop and add to blender with the masa harina and milk. Blend till smooth.
- Return skillet to medium high meat. Sprinkle both sides of the fish with salt and pepper. Lay the fillets in the hot oil and cook until richly browned, about 2-3 minutes.
- Use a spatula to flip the fillets and cook until barely flakes when pressed firmly with a finger or the back of a spoon. You want it underdone.
- Move fish to oven safe plat and set in oven.
- With skillet still over medium high pour the mixture from the blender and whisk until it comes to a boil and thickens -- about 1 minute. Reduce heat to medium low and simmer, stirring frequently for 5 minutes. If thicker than cream, add a bit more milk. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Add spinach to the sauce and stir until it is warm and well coated.
- Plate fish with sauce under or over, your preference.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!