Savoury Cottage Cheese Muffins
- Ready In:
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 25 g butter
- 1 egg
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 250 g cottage cheese
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup grated tasty cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- Sift flour, salt, mustard and baking powder.
- Rub in butter.
- Beat together egg and milk, then add cottage cheese, parsley and onion. Mix well.
- Stir liquid into dry ingredients until just combined.
- Three quaters fill greased muffin pans, then sprinkle mixed grated cheese and paprika over muffins.
- Bake at 200 C for 20 minutes.
- Serve warm.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm an American, living between London and New Zealand. I love to cook and try new recipes and have tried many new things since living in the UK and New Zealand. When I bake, I like to start from scratch and don't use cake mixes, fake foods like Cool Whip or premade frostings. I am really happy cooking and get a huge sense of satisfaction when people enjoy dishes and treats that I make. I would love to open my own business in the food industry some day, but still working on that idea!