Savory Wild Blueberry Chicken Breasts
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cajun spices (or more, to taste)
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup red wine
- 2 cups wild blueberries
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh lemon rind
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (optional)
- Dust chicken breasts with Cajun spices.
- Saute in olive oil until brown and almost cooked through, 7 to 10 minutes.
- (If thick, cover for 3 or 4 minutes more.) Remove chicken breasts from pan and keep warm.
- In same pan, sautÈ garlic and onion until transparent, scraping remaining bits of chicken from bottom of pan.
- Add red wine and cook down until most of the liquid is evaporated.
- Add Wild Blueberries, lemon rind and salt.
- Simmer for 5 minutes.
- (If blueberries are frozen, until berries are heated through.) Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Let sit for 5 minutes, heat off, for flavors to blend.
- Spoon over chicken breasts and serve.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I wanted to give this 4 1/2* the only thing I found, was there wasn't quite enough liquid, the wine evaporated almost immediately, so I added a bit more to make it about 1/2 cup. I also added a teaspoon of butter right at the end, feeling that the sauce didn't have quite the richness it needed. But this was a great recipe, served it with Basmati rice & gingered carrot. I would serve this to company in an instant! Thanks, deeReply
see 2 more