Savory Sunrise Muffins
photo by Hippie2MARS
- Ready In:
- Liberally spray four cups of a muffin tin with non-stick spray.
- Unroll crescent roll dough and separate into triangles.
- Press one triangle into the bottom of each of the four cups, and up the sides. It doesn't have to go all the way up the sides.
- Place one half of a slice of ham into each cup, maintaining a cup shape.
- Crack one egg into the center of each cup, on top of the ham.
- Sprinkle each egg with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Sprinkle about 1 T of cheese on top of each egg.
- Flatten out the remaining crescent roll dough triangles into circles.
- Loosely place the dough circles over each of the cups, tucking the edges into the cup.
- Sprinkle with about 1 t of shredded cheese.
- Bake at 375 for 10-15 minutes for soft yolks, or 20 minutes for hard cooked yolks.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
My family's new favorite! It is so easy to make and it looks so impressive when finished. I have had it for company, too, and they raved about it. I typically crumble cooked sausage (left over from another breakfast, usually) in the bottom instead of ham. For vegetarians in my family, I put fresh spinach. I have also put a dollop of salsa in them. Like I said...it is a favorite, so we have had it many times...and plan on having it many more. Yummy! Thanks for posting.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm an Arkansas native but spent my teen-aged years in Memphis. I have four grown sons and 12 grandchildren. I currently live in Chattanooga, TN and cook mainly for just two, which has been quite an adjustment!