Savory Cherry Sauce
photo by Cook In Northwest
- Ready In:
1 1/4 cups
- 1 cup fresh cherries, pitted
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon water (additional)
- 1⁄4 cup dry red wine
- 3 tablespoons honey or 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leave
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- Combine cherries, 3 tablespoons water and all remaining ingredients except cornstarch and 1 tablespoons water. Cover and simmer gently 10 minute Combine reserved water and cornstarch. Stir into cherry mix. Cook and stir until thickened (1 min.).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
It's just hubby and I these days. We're retired, but far from spending time in the rocking chair. I enjoy cooking, but usually just do what is quick and easy. I like to have a good supply of things to just thaw and heat in the freezer, so I usually make enough to do two or more meals at a time.