Savory Cheesecake With Ricotta, Feta and Asparagus
photo by Wild Thyme Flour
- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
- 250 g asparagus
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 150 g savoury crackers, processed to breadcrumbs
- 250 g feta or 250 g soft goat cheese
- 250 g ricotta cheese
- 100 ml cream
- 4 eggs
- 50 g parmesan cheese
- 75 g butter, melted not hot
- salt and pepper
- Mix the butter, cracker crumbs and 2 eggs.
- Press the mixture on the bottom and sides of a springform cake tin which has been lined in baking paper. refrigerate.
- blanche the asparagus for 12-20 minutes in boiling salted water. Chop them but leave about 12 spear heads to decorate the top.
- Saute the onions, add the asparagus then add the cream add cook for a few minutes.
- Mix the crumbled or grated cheese with the ricotta and the remaining 2 eggs. Then add half the parmesan and the asparagus mix. season with salt and pepper.
- Pour the mixture into crust and bake at 180C for about 1 hour. Dust with the remaining parmesan and brown under a grill. serve warm not hot.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I live in a beautiful village on the island of Malta ( Europe) with my wonderful daughter, partner and two cats. I love the vineyards infront of my house or walking down to the valley of olive trees. ( I do pick olives every year) Some years ago I stopped working as a chef but still do a lot of home cooking. What I miss are the expensive ingredients I worked with, its rather hard cooking on a tight budget. My aim is to produce recipes that are very economical and yet nutritious. <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/IWasAdoptedfall08.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket"> <img src="http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j166/ZaarNicksMom/PACsticker-Adopted.jpg"> <embed src="http://babystrology.com/tickers/baby-ticker-glass.swf?parent=Mommy&year=2010&month=7&day=28&babycount=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="120" height="180"></embed>