Sauteed Mushrooms With Shallots and Thyme
photo by Tinkerbell
- Ready In:
- 3 tablespoons clarified butter
- 1 lb about 8 cups mixed sliced mushrooms, rinsed, trimmed and patted dry (no thinner than 1/4-inch)
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme leaves
- salt and pepper
- Heat skillet on HIGH. Add 1 1/2 Tbsp clarified butter to pan on HIGH;* swirl to coat pan.
- Add 4 cups mushrooms. Don't toss or stir until mushrooms start to brown, 1-2 minute Cook 1-2 min more. Remove from pan.
- Repeat steps 1 & 2 with remaining butter and mushrooms. Return reserved mushrooms to pan.
- Sprinkle shallots and thyme over mushrooms. Cook, stirring 1 min until herbs evenly coat mushrooms. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm a single male. I love to cook & take particular joy in creating something delicious out of "what can I find in the house" I've done intimate dinners for 2 up to dinner for 150. Most of the recipes I will be posting will fit into the "Dinner For Two" category <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/adoptedspring08.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket"> <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/IWasAdoptedfall08.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket">