Santa Fe Burger
photo by 2Bleu
- Ready In:
- 1 lb ground beef
- 4 hamburger buns
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 3 tablespoons grill seasoning
- 1⁄2 cup tortilla chips
- 1 tomatoes (sliced)
- 1⁄2 cup jalapeno
- 1⁄2 cup guacamole
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 2 cups sweet onions
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons salted butter
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Southwestern Mayonnaise: Mix 1/2 cup mayonnaise and 2 Tbs taco seasoning.
- Caramelized Onions: Heat oil and butter over medium heat; add onions stirring constantly until soften approximately 3-5 minutes. Add sugar and continue stirring and cook until onions start browning; approx 15-20 minutes.
- Combine ground beef and jalapeños and shape into 4 patties and then sprinkle with grill seasoning.
- Grill burgers for 10 minutes and flip half way through. During the last minute place a slice of provolone on each patty.
- Assemble burger: Spread each bottom bun with 2 Tbs mayonnaise and caramelized onions. Sprinkle with crushed tortilla chips and put burger patty on top. Add guacamole, lettuce and tomato slices to top bun.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Yum! After all of the parts are assembled these go together quickly. I was almost afraid of using the full 3 T of grill spices (I was using montreal) and 1/2 cup of jalapenos (I seeded them), but plunged ahead anyway. The patties ARE spicy, but not over the top hot. the patties are very generous servings. I used prepared tortilla strips from the salad aisle rather than chips and served with Sweet Potato Fries #478530 by threeovens. Thank you for a terrific meal!
Made for ZWT-8 because 1 of my greatest pleasures is giving into my "hamburger hunger". They try here in Iceland, but they just can't match US stds. My DH absent on a fishing trip, I halved your recipe. Even then it made 2 huge portions, but I liked that & suspect it was the point. The caramelized onions were divine! I did reduce the "jalapeno heat" by half & pan-grill them vs the outdoor grill w/DH gone. I was so in "hamburger heaven" that I got stingy & froze burger #2 for another time when "hamb hunger" overpowers me again. Thx for sharing this recipe w/us. Yum!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p><span><strong>I am a stay at home mom to two wonderful boys; Joshua (8years), Kaiden (5 years), and baby GIRL, Madalynn (19 months)! I also have two fur babies (cats); Kobee, AJ; we had to put our youngest cat Sly down Jan 2014. :(. I am also married to my best friend, Jeff and have been since April 2005. I love cooking, hate cleaning and will do whatever I can to get out of it! I love grilling and baking. I do most of the grilling at my house, and bake for almost a week straight at Christmas time! I can make or will attempt just about anything, though I rarely make brownies, my husband's are the best! Homemade breads are not my friend, so I am always working on bread baking.</strong></span></p> <p><span><strong>As for recipe ideas (besides zaar) Cooking Light Cookbooks are my favorites. I love to make new meals and try new things; it is hard though because my husband is picky when it comes to veggies (and hates seafood); If it were up to him we would have baked-bread crumb chicken and white rice at least one meal a day! Over the past couple years with zaar, I have found tons of new recipes my family normally wouldn’t eat but have been happily surprised with new favorites.</strong></span></p> <p><span><strong>I love to join in all of the tag games; I haven't been as present as I would like, but as soon as my Jeff is back from working in Ohio I will be back in full tagging mode! </strong></span></p> <p><span><strong>Cooking is my hobby and passion, I always like to host the family get togethers and volunteer for the potluck dishes. Most of all though are my kids; being home all day with them is fun and challenging, but I wouldn’t trade it for any salary!!</strong></span></p>