San Francisco Minestrone
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
- Ready In:
- 1 lb lean ground beef or 1 lb turkey
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup sliced carrot
- 1 cup finely sliced celery
- 1 (16 ounce) can tomatoes, chopped and undrained
- 3 cups water
- 2⁄3 cup Minute Rice, uncooked
- 2 cups shredded spinach leaves
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese, plus
- 1 tablespoon shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large saucepan sprayed with butter-flavored cooking spray, brown meat and onion. Add carrots, celery, undrained tomatoes, and water. Mix well to combine.
- Bring mixture to a boil. Lower heat, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Stir in uncooked rice, spinach, basil, and black pepper.
- Re-cover and continue simmering for 10 minutes or until rice and vegetables are tender.
- When serving, top each bowl with 1 1/2 tablespoons cheddar cheese.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION