Salmon With Mixed Berry Reduction
- Ready In:
- 1 lb salmon fillet
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup strawberry (fresh or frozen)
- 1 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1 cup blackberry (fresh or frozen)
- Place berries in a small saucepan and heat on medium-low heat. Crush berries with a spoon (or potato masher) to release juices. Cook until the liquid reduces by half (about 1/2 hour), stirring often enough to keep from burning.
- You can add 1 tsp sugar to the sauce if you want to, but it isn't necessary.
- Meanwhile, salt the non-skin side of the salmon fillets and then baste with olive oil. Grill on low heat until meat flakes easily.
- Serve hot with reduction sauce spooned over meat.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
My favorite cookbook is The Essential Rice Cookbook.